What I Learned from Florida Blogging Conference
- I have to build quality in my content because quality
matters in my content not quantity.
- I have to have a passion and dedication for my blogging
that consistently shows through my posts.
- I have to diversify my platforms to post on multiple platforms
to reach diverse audiences and diverse applications.
- I have to be able to “read” the direction of technology.
The transition from traditional text #blogging to video
(vblogging) through #Periscope or #Instagram postings is significant.
Understanding the relevance of each is important.
- I have to be willing to co-blog with others and blog adaptively
with people of diverse cultures, diverse backgrounds and
even respective of diverse lifestyles.
- I have to adapt my blogging to my readers needs and desires.
As my audience grows I have to connect with them beyond my
needs and post content that fits their needs and growth potential.
Friendships and Collaborations with #HypeOrlando
Orlando Sentinel http://orlandosentinel.com/
- I have to be able to listen to others as a “thought leader,”
my ability to adapt content is important. My thoughts are
important and influential. #ImAThoughtLeader #ImAnInfluencer
- I have to value the trust and respect relationships that are
continuously being built by my content.
- I have to be engaged in my community, thus sharing what I
have to provide to the community to build my community up,
its people and accept my role as a community leader.
- I have to be willing to either start or continue to volunteer
in my community, to be a part of something bigger than I’am.
- I have to understand my influence as a “thought leader”
in the scheme of content creation.
- I have to respect and appreciate my audience.
- I need to find my Niche to build on, not to “be all for all.”
14.I need to understand that people follow passion, when I
share it openly. My passion for what I do must emanate
from my works.
- I have to look to the future of blogging and technology
to keep relevant and “on top of the industry.”
- I have to be willing to attend seminars, workshops, hangouts,
Blogtalks, Podcasts, and more conferences to increase my
knowledge and recognize that learning is for a lifetime, not just for my time.
- I have to understand that my content defines me and represents
me today, tomorrow and in the future. My content is ageless because
it is digital.
- I have to “think out of the box,” “get out of my comfort zone,”
and “expand my horizons.”
- I have to remember that my family will be affected one day by
my content so my Word and my Name travel with them.
- I have to remember ethics, honesty, morals, values and my
ideologies are a part of me and are shared. I have to think what will
the world think of me 5, 10, 20 or even 50 years from now?
What legacy will I be leaving for my children, grandchildren and
William Jackson, M.Ed.
Florida Blogging Conference 2015
Full Sail University, Orlando, Florida