Cheddary Chicken Bones is my Morning Mix recipe of the week. Add these drumsticks to your Halloween party recipe file or quick kid-friendly meals. For more Halloween treats that don’t come wrapped in a plastic wrapper check out DairyGood.org. Every Thursday, you can find more recipes curated exclusively for WOMX Mix 105.1’s website.
Cheddary Chicken Bones
Yield: 2 to 4 servings
4 chicken legs
1 cup crisp rice cereal
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Coarse salt and pepper to taste
1 large egg
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375F. Line a rimmed baking pan with foil and spray surface with cooking spray.
2. In a bowl, combine the milk, butter and egg, set aside.
3. In another bowl combine the rice cereal and cheese, set aside.
4. Season chicken with salt and pepper, dip in flour, then egg-milk mixture and finally in the cheese/rice cereal mixture. Place each leg on the prepared baking pan. Wrap a small piece of foil around the end of each leg.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes, turning once. Chicken is done when the juices are no longer pink. Let chicken rest on pan, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes before serving.
SOURCE: Florida Dairy Farmers