Mojo Beef Kabobs is a great choice for Valentine’s Day. Lean boneless top sirloin steak is a versatile cut that yields juicy results when cooked to optimum temperature. The recipe is from BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com, a website with lots of grocery shopping tips and kitchen-tested recipes. Served with warm couscous or quinoa tossed with black beans.
Mojo Beef Kabobs
Yield: 4 servings
1 pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1-inch thick
1 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
1 large lime, cut into 8 wedges
1 small red onion, cut into 8 thin wedges
1 container grape or cherry tomatoes (about 10 ounces)
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
3 tablespoons freshly chopped oregano
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon minced garlic
3/4 teaspoon salt
1. Prepare the grill for medium heat cooking.
2. For the sauce, whisk the Mojo ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Cut the beef steak into 1-1/4 inch pieces; season with pepper. Alternately thread beef with lime and onion wedges evenly onto four 12-inch metal skewers.
4. Thread tomatoes evenly onto four 12-inch metal skewers.
5. Place kabobs on grill grid over medium heat. Grill tomato kabobs, covered, about 2 to 4 minutes or until slightly softened, turning occasionally. Grill the beef kabobs, covered, 8 to 10 minutes over medium heat charcoal or 9 to 11 minutes on a gas grill, for medium rare (145F) to medium (160F) doneness, turning once.
6. Serve the kabobs drizzled with sauce.
SOURCE: The Beef Checkoff Program