Warm Tuscan Chicken Sandwiches are great for tailgate parties and other casual weekend gatherings. Use deli roast chicken or carve slices from a rotisserie chicken. For easy toting, wrap in parchment paper. The recipe was developed for the National Chicken Council and ChickenRoost.com, a wonderful source for kitchen-tested recipes.
Warm Tuscan Chicken Sandwiches
Yield: 4 servings
1 pound roasted chicken, sliced
2 teaspoons freshly minced rosemary
2 teaspoons freshly chopped basil
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 loaf crusty baguette, split lengthwise and soft insides removed
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 pound sliced provolone cheese
8 sundried tomatoes in oil, drained and cut into strips
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Combine the rosemary, basil, garlic, salt and pepper and set aside. Brush inside of the baguette halves with olive oil. Sprinkle evenly with the herb mixture.
3. Place sliced chicken, provolone and sun-dried tomato strips evenly on one baguette half. Put other half of baguette on top, press down slightly and tie the baguette, at 2-inch intervals, with kitchen string, if desired.
4. Put baguette on a baking sheet and into the hot oven. Bake until warmed through and the cheese is melted, about 10 to 12 minutes.
5. Remove the baking sheet from oven and let the sandwiches rest for about 5 minutes. Remove strings and cut into quarters before serving.
SOURCE: National Chicken Council