Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Cheesecake is a great option for graduation party brunches or to kick off a Sunday Fun-day. Add a fresh green salad with seasonal Florida fruits. Have bloody Marys and mimosas for adults and fruit juices and fresh-brewed iced tea for younger guests.
Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Cheesecake
Yield: 10 servings
1 (7-ounce) package Martha White Apple Cinnamon Flavored Muffin Mix
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 pound bacon
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
12 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 large eggs
8 ounces (1 cup) ricotta cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. Heat the oven to 400F. Line the bottom of a 9-inch spring-form pan with parchment paper. Remove 3 tablespoons muffin mix. Set aside.
2. Combine remaining the mix and butter in a medium bowl. Mix with fork or fingers until crumbly. Press into bottom of prepared pan. Place on rimmed baking pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool.
3. Cook bacon until crispy, reserving the fat. Cook the onion in bacon fat 5 minutes or until soft. Remove onion with a slotted spoon to drain excess fat. Crumble bacon into small pieces.
4. Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer at medium-high speed until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time until smooth. Beat in ricotta, cream, salt, pepper and reserved muffin mix at low speed until well blended. Stir in onion and bacon gently with spatula. Pour over cooled crust. Place on rimmed baking pan.
5. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°F. Do not open oven door. Bake 1 hour longer or until center is set. Cool at least 30 minutes before removing from pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
SOURCE: Martha White Test Kitchens