Spinach Stuffed Eggs is a welcome potluck platter. Make a dozen hard-boiled eggs on Sunday for a grab-and-go snack during the weekdays. To hard boil eggs, the American Egg Board recommends these three steps:
- Place eggs in saucepan large enough to hold them in single layer. Add cold water to cover eggs by 1 inch. Heat over high heat just to boiling.
- Remove from burner. Cover pan. Let eggs stand in hot water about 12 minutes for large eggs (9 minutes for medium eggs; 15 minutes for extra large).
- Drain immediately and serve warm. Or, cool completely under cold running water or in bowl of ice water, then refrigerate.
Spinach Stuffed Eggs
Yield: 12 servings
12 large hard-cooked eggs, peeled
3/4 cup frozen chopped spinach, cooked and thoroughly drained
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons chopped green onions
1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt (optional)
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Fresh dill sprigs for garnish
1. Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove, mash and reserve yolks.
2. Mix together spinach, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, sour cream, green onions, mashed yolks, salt and pepper.
3. Spoon or pipe mixture into egg whites. Garnish with fresh dill. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
SOURCE: American Egg Board.